06 September 2008

Changes

The chronology of my blog is all over the place at the moment, dipping back into the past to tell my story, yet writing in the present too when special things happen. Without wishing to make it too confusing, I have decided to write about the present in short paragraphs and then come back to them in detail one day in the future when the past finally catches up with the present in my story. I shall also write about the present for the moment in ordinary print and my story in bold. Hope that helps. I shall get round to changing the print for the previous posts when I get a chance.

***********

Yesterday I had to call an ambulance to take Greg to Accident and Emergency. He was due to go in to hospital for a day procedure to widen the arteries and blood-flow to his legs. But when I woke him from his slumber on the kitchen floor, where he had spent the night, he was unable to stand or walk, let alone get into my car. The hospital have admitted him to a ward, where he will stay for the next few days while they decide what to do with him. Kay and I are luxuriating in the peace we shall get.

8 comments:

Akelamalu said...

Oh my. Enjoy your rest. x

Elaine Denning said...

I'm sorry you're having to deal with all of this. I really am. x

kesslerdee said...

I stumbled across your blog and have been taken by your story this morning- my best to you!

aims said...

I had to go back to read it once again Roseiro - I wasn't sure it was sinking into my brain.

And you live with this. You are a strong strong woman. You will survive but he won't.

Wow.

laurie said...

do you ever think about giving up? leaving him? i think i would.

ADDY said...

Dee - Thank you for calling by.

Aims - I am sure you have been through worse, but , yes, it is making me stronger.

Laurie - frequently and it has been on my mind more and more. When Kay leaves school and moves away to uni, things will change and I shall be free to decide.

Thank you all for your support.

Anonymous said...

hi there. reading your blog is like reliving my sisters experience - she too married a man who slowly disappeared into alcoholism. She left him in the end as she could no longer cope. she tortured herself for years afterwards, feeing overcome with guilt. You are very brave and he is bloody lucky to have you still. I will keep reading. mx

www.retiredandcrazy.com said...

Rosario you really should look at www.al-anonuk.org.uk. It will help you to understand more about alcohlism. Love Ann xx