07 May 2013

Will you still need me, will you still feed me?

When the Beatles first sang this song in 1967, I was a mere teenager of 17 years old. I couldn't imagine being 64. It seemed so ancient and so far away. Even when I married Greg just under 10 years later, the thought of us reaching 64 seemed out of this world. I always suspected we would still need one another and feed one another, when we did reach that milestone, as we were deeply in love. The years went by, sometimes too fast to hold on to. We lived in Germany, we returned to the UK, we climbed the first rung of the housing ladder, we coped with new and ever-demanding jobs and we had Kay. And still that deadline seemed far off.

Last week saw the date that would have been Greg's 64th birthday. "Will you still need me, will you still feed me?"   Now at long last I sadly know the answer.

6 comments:

nuttycow said...

Anniversaries and birthdays must be tough. Hope you're ok.

AGuidingLife said...

Those milestones still keep coming, don't they, regardless of whether they bring the happy or sad. I sometimes wonder if we started out knowing the end would we still step on the road. Probably. But I bet I wouldn't sweat the small stuff quite so much and yet, even realising that, in the here and now, the small stuff is still sweated. Sending love x

Flowerpot said...

Special occasions are always difficult, aren't they? I find myself taking inspiration more and more from Moll. Don't look back, don't expect too much from the future. Enjoy the now. Easier said than done of course.xx

nappy valley girl said...

I feel for you during these tough days. xxx

Nota Bene said...

Difficult to avoid those dates isn't it? But there is lots else going on for you, so focus there I guess x

Intervention services said...

Alcohol dependence refers to an entity in which only alcohol is the involved addictive agent. Alcoholism refers to an entity in which alcohol or any cross-tolerant addictive agent is involved.Drug addiction interventions