11 June 2014

Feather from Heaven

I remain on the fence about paranormal activity, as I really do not know much about it, but I know a lot of people believe in feathers as being messages from angels, guardian angels and loved ones.  I have mentioned before (see here) the appearance of a feather on Greg's chair, not long after his death, as possibly being some sort of message from Greg. As I say, I really don't know whether I believe in it or not, but there was no other logical explanation for it and it can be comforting to think someone is trying to contact you from the other side. 

I think I am doing relatively OK, considering my husband chose to kill himself slowly with alcohol four years ago.  I manage fairly well, I reckon, between being a single-parent to my daughter and a carer for my 90-year-old Mum.  For the majority of time, I am fairly upbeat about life and on some days am known to sing as I do the chores around the house. A few days ago, however,  I was having a bit of a rare low, depressing, lonely "woe is me, I hate being on my own" sort of evening with only the TV for company, when I glanced out of the window. It had been a bit of a grey-sky sort of day with lots of rain showers, but by 8pm, the grey has turned into wall-to-wall blue sky just before it got dark. Not a cloud in the sky. As I looked out at that moment, feeling a little sorry for myself, a solitary lone cloud drifted by. But look at the shape of it - 



a feather.



Here it is in close-up...



I don't know whether it was Greg trying to cheer me up or whether, more likely, it was just a vapour trail left by an aeroplane on its ascent from Heathrow. But it did make me feel much better. Strangely.

5 comments:

hyperCRYPTICal said...

I am glad the sky feather cheered you up Addy. Unsure of paranormal activity myself - but it would be good if it were a 'cheering-up' message from Greg.

I read your Feather post with great interest. How odd the appearance of it and then how it returned itself to the chair. Perhaps it was sent from Greg...

Anna :o]

afterthefire1964 said...

Both my late (alcoholic) husband and my father smoked pipes. One day I was out in the back yard and I smelled the strong smell of their pipe smoke! I went looking all around over the fence and such to see the source of the smoke and could find no one! And the scent got stronger. So I finally said out loud, "I don't know whether this is Daddy or Teddy but whichever one of you it is, it's all right. We are doing OK!" And then the scent disappeared. And…there you go...

Trisha E. said...

We had a wonderful message from Heaven the afternoon my Mom died. I was sitting in an easy chair with my little girl looking out the window on the beautiful sunny June afternoon and feeling quite grief stricken. Our backyard extends to a lakefront, and suddenly a red helium balloon floated toward us from high over the water. It descended directly in front of the window we were facing, danced along the ground just below our window, and ascended into the air over the lake again. I am certain it was a message from my Mom to us that she was in Heaven and was sending her love to us.

www.retiredandcrazy.com said...

I don't believe in the paranormal either but feathers are different! I get them too and they make me feel closer to Davy. That can't be bad can it? And to see that cloud must have been amazing. We know so little don't we but what an amazing world we live in.

AGuidingLife said...

perfect feather. how amazing. If your gut reaction was it was a message then it was. Whether it's from a sense of support that he clearly gave you (if before he was ill)or whether it is from the here and now, it was a message. It was there, you saw it and you had that lovely thought from it. What's not to feel happy about :) xxx