25 March 2018

This little piggy went to market

Well, my mum's retirement flat is now on the market, thanks to this little piggy, who worked her hooves off to empty the flat and part-decorate it ready for the sale. All that is now needed is for the blimmin thing to sell. According to the estate agent, this is not a good time. Is it ever? I have never found moving house anything other than stressful. Buyers or vendor change their minds and drop out like flies. Mortgages are unobtainable or surveys spread gloom and doom. I have never met anyone who didn't have problems of one sort or another. The last time Greg and I moved it was so stressful we never moved again - that was thirty years ago and I still don't feel tempted to try it again!

Fortunately with this case, I have nothing to buy, so can sit back and wait, but I'm sure I'll have some tales to tell before it sells.


Image result for for sale
courtesy of zillow.com

3 comments:

Flowerpot said...

Well done you for all that hard work - now sit back and relax. Look forward to hearing some of those tales...!

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Instead of saying this is not a good time to sell, the stupid estate agent should have been saying - "I'll do my best to sell it for you at the right price and quickly!" Springtime is usually the very best time to sell property.

Shadow said...

We lived in one house for 20 years, then moved twice in two years, horrible horrible horrible but worth it in the end, I now live in paradise, but you're right, moving's not a fun sport.